Monday, April 7, 2014

How Delicate Optimism Was Born




 How Delicate Optimism Was Born
I've never been a person to hold speeches at events or one to publish a novel. Occasionally, i enjoy writing down my thoughts, opening up a flask of emotions that boils inside of me on a daily basis. I even sometimes get into trouble because of it. But i find it important from time to time - to let certain people know how i feel about them. Because we all live this life - as though we are going to live forever. And granted, some of us get the honor of living in the memories of thousands and thousands of  people, but not all of us. A few of the lucky ones will live on in the memories of  their friends and loved ones, their families. The marks we leave on the places we visit, the countries we travel  to - will turn to dust over time - but the love we have in our hearts lives on forever. 

I met Nene 3 years ago. We were retelling the story recently to a few of her friends - and it does sound like a story worth telling. One of the good ones ;) I was in my first year of studies, freshly baked so to say, in my 2nd semester in Vienna.  While i was sitting on a sunny day at the campus of my University i noticed two really weird figures approaching me. Little did i know, that one of them would be the person i get to call a friend 3 years later. Nene and her boyfriend at that time, now fiancee, both carrying killer equipment - by that i mean one of the huge cameras TV crews shoot news with nowadays - asked me if they could take an interview. I remember thinking i'm gonna be on the news next day. ( What a fame-obsessed-girl, i know ;b)  

A year later after that i applied to UTV - University Vienna TV project. You know that weird feeling when you are about to enter the room full of strangers and you are really excited that you had the guts to even show up? Yeah, that kind of feeling ;D I remembered her instantly. I did. It's kind of hard to miss out on Nene. I don't know if it's the usually amount of colors she wears or her-perfect-32-teeth-smile or being quite loud (Nene, if you are reading this - please don't slap me next time we see each other ;D). We ended up shooting a project together and then we kind of lost each other again.

Rewind to a year later :D I was only starting my blog - and i needed some artists of the week people to feature. And Nene was online on Facebook and one thing led to another and we got coffee ( god, thank you! :D)  and that coffee led us to being where we are today. Right here, right now. Which is not fucking sleeping at 3:24 am. Damn it ;D

And now, after this crazy year of 2013, after being there for each other for all the good parts and the crappy parts (and mostly the upcoming AMAZING parts) i sincerely could not be more happier that i get to have this person in my life,  that i get to call her a friend. So, if there was a glass of champagne on my table (which there so isn't, and it's like 4 o'clock in the morning and i should be having my 15th dream already) i would make a toast for many more amazing things to come! Bring it on, life. And thank you Nene, for being my long lost twin unicorn! :D

xoxo 
Amra





0 comments:

Post a Comment